Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 4,(M): Sunset at the Red Castle

6.42pm


- Bye~ Fuerte Santo Domingo.

After waving bye bye to Fuerte Santo Domingo, I crossed a road to the nearby bus stop. 

My next destination 

~Huwei Fort~ 

but i crossed that out and replaced it with the infamous 'Danshui’s Fisherman Wharf'

Huwei is too spooky and eerie at this hour.

While waiting for my bus, another lone traveler is already there before me . 
Once again, i was given the familiar 'Oh~ She's alone' look.
Annoyed. I checked on my map and began to look for a place to kill my time before the bus arrive.
I found one and it took me less than 3 minutes walk to reach there.

I wonder what this stuff resembles here but it look like it was pointing to somewhere.

When i looked over to the direction it was pointing
and
i saw this


Danshui's Fisherman Wharf

Yeah....yeah...i'm going there later.

The red bus arrived just right after i got my ass back to the bus stop.
Happily i got up the bus.
Found myself a nice window seat.
Checked on my map. Rescheduled my time.
Written on my scrapbook. 

Finally, when i'm done with everything. 
I took a glimpse out and to my utter dismay 
I was heading toward the station instead of the Fisherman Wharf.

Immediately i called out to the driver and he told me the next bus to the Fisherman Wharf 
will be off at 7pm from the station.
Alright. I'm doomed.

The cost of not paying attention on direction.
So i got off at the station with a big question mark.
Now what?

I still have 40 minutes to spare but i'm not going to make it to the Fisherman Wharf by now.
I started walking around the station and there was this show going on 
'Taipei County Weekend Art Show'


I don't know what show they are going to put on
because
I went off to catch my sunset at the Red Castle.


 Danshui was jam-packed with peoples at this hour.
Everyone was finding themselves a nice spot to catch the sunset at the waterfront 
while i was pushing through crowd, avoiding cyclist and kids with the giant ice cream.

Annoyed by the crowd. I turned toward a small junction and headed off on another path
where there's less people.

Buahahahaha....really empty....
How smart i am....


Walked pass this then turn to the left and Tada.....

Here i was.


Also jam-packed with peoples.

Spotted this thing that looks like Hu Lu Tang from China.


but i didn't try it out
Then i saw this.


Nope. Dint try because i don't want to scare people off with bad breath
if i am to ask for direction later.


Fish ball Musuem!!!

Interesting huh....I couldn't locate this place early in the morning
and now only i realized i actually walked past it before.

There're quite a number of Buddhist temples here but i didn't check in to any of them
because i already have enough of temple in Ipoh.

Quite crowed too.

Right next to the temple, there was this dunno what bag.
I thought it was pretty cute so i snapped a few photo
but then the boss shouted at me
and i ran away quickly before he could reach me.


What's so big deal about this?

After circling around the area, i still couldn't locate the Red Castle.
Oh well.
When it comes to navigation skills, i'm always the mice in a maze.
This is a fact i cannot deny. My little sister hate me for this.

But then, seriously, locating this place is like finding a needle in a haystack.

So..

You see



If not because of the painting on the brick wall (Not really that obvious thought),
I wouldn't have notice this staircase leading up to the Red Castle.

A 106 staircases led me up here.
I counted them all because i was damn tired
 i needed something to temporary divert my attention where else.


Finally, here i was but turned out this place is a Chinese Restaurant.
Uh...oh...Not good.

I went inside and immediately a waiter came over to me.
So, i smiled and gesture at my camera with the
'It is okay for me to take photo + I'm not spending a penny here' look.
He nodded at me, smiled and gave me a bookmark.

'You can go upstairs. The sunset is best view at the highest floor.'
'Thank you.'

Okay, so it was okay to pay this place a visit without spending a penny here.
Ha. How nice.


The interior. Unable to take much photo inside because the interior was mostly dark with dim lightning.
I saw a lot of tourists from Japan dinning here.
Ignoring their curious look. I walked past their tables.

Prawns....Wu~~~
Fish Head....WU~~~~
Tiramisu....WuWu~~~

I'm not here to eat. T_T
Blame my mum for this.

and

Thank her for this.


My most tiring sunset ever and it doesn't look pretty at all.

How sad~~~

7.10pm

On the MRT train heading back XiMen to meet up with the rest. Bye Danshui....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik